Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Flight 1713

I was recently asked about when I first thought about adoption. This was something Melissa and I had talked about for some time and even seriously explored back in 2002. For me though I remember the first time I thought of adopting a child was on November 15, 1987. I would have been 11 years old and in 5th grade I believe.

What happened was a plane crashed in Denver, Colorado. I remembered hearing news reports about a young infant that survived that crash and at the time I thought had been orphaned. I had the most bizarre dream that night and still remember that I adopted the child. I was quite concerned in my dream about how as an 11 year old I would raise a child.

Last night and this morning I did some research and discovered that the flight was Continental Flight 1713 and the child was located in seat 24E and most likely was not orphaned. It is amazing what a seed planted out of a deadly plane crash on an icy runway in Denver over 20 years ago has grown into.

Steve

No comments: