Friday, February 15, 2008

pictures

I'm kind of cheap. (ok, I can hear you snickering out there!) Anyway, last year we just could not make time for our usual Valentine's Day celebration. So, we celebrated the 15th instead. Know what? The kids really cleaned up! Everything was 75% off and so we were able to get some things that we normally would never have baought and only spent about $10!


This year we let Hannah decide, would it be ok to make Valentine's for us on the 15th again? She considered it carefully and opted in favor of extra candy.


Last night, on the 14th , we made Valentine's 'Whatevers'. I call them 'whatevers' because they were just whatever the kids decided to create! Vitali enjoyed smearing red glitter glue and paint on this construction paper heart for a long time. Then he held up his hands like this and asked for a napkin!
Today, we have beautiful weather. I am not sure what the temperature is because out thermometer blew away in a storm the other day but it is quite pleasant. (Not quite as pleasant as Hannah's shorts and short-sleeved shirt would suggest, however!) The kids have all enjoyed playing outside today and I hate to call anyone in for a nap, but then, I'd hate not to, too!


I like this picture of Max. It shows his sweet little spattering of freckles. I like freckles on boys. Steve has almost the same pattern across his nose.
Vitali has his mouth full (and I do mean full!) of bread. He is also wearing a baseball cap. He likes to look like his Papa.
There's Papa, getting ready to leave for a while. I thought he looked a little eager...
Hannah kept saying, "Mom, take a picture! Hurry up, Mom! Mom?!!" I didn't tell her that I already had...
The kids (except Annette, who isn't feeling well today) lined up like this and asked me to take a picture of them. No, they are not going swimming, that is armor. Oh yeah, now you see it, don't you?

Misha posed for this picture. He usually is known for liking to goof off for the camera but today he just wanted his picture to look nice, I guess. It does, doesn't it?

This picture really reminds me of my brother Warren when he was little.
Misha wanted me to take this one too, next to the 'machina' (car).

Riding in the car to them is as much of an adventure as an American kid riding on a bulldozer. They absolutely LOVE to go anywhere! They are actually a little awestruck that that is our car. OURS. wow. I guess it is pretty cool.

BTW, keep scrolling down, I have posted a surge of new stuff today!

7 comments:

Tami said...

LOVE the pictures! The boys look like they're doing great! ;)

Nataliya said...

As always, I enjoyed looking at your lovely kids' pictures. They are so adorable!

The "Eta mine" words are hilarious! To be honest, many sentenses in our household are half-Russian, half-English as well!

adopting2fromUkraine said...

Don't use that 'c' word. You are thrifty and frugal! I'm with Hannah, I love to go the day after Valentine's day for half-price candy. You can get more!;)

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Valentine's Day!! I come to your website so often to see how every one is doing....I have a love for your family and want to stay tuned in! I know there are so many people out there that you touch by your honest and loving committment to God's call on your lives...please know that you encourage me often and I keep you in my prayers.
Lots of love and hugs,
Tracy

Ross, Erin, and Kids said...

You guys have no idea who I am, but I found your website through your video posted on YouTube. My husband and I are also in the process of adopting from Ukraine. We have 3 daughters and 1 son (10, 8, 6, and 4)who are biological, and are anxiously awaiting word from Ukraine. We sent our dossier Feb. 4th. I just want to say how absolutely faith-building and encouraging it is to see how God has orchestrated everything so beautifully for your family. Thank you for sharing your story and may God continue to bless your family! We just started a little adoption blog as well, if you're interested - http://www.riceandpeas7.blogspot.com.
Erin Wuthrich

Jennifer M said...

What great pictures. Beautiful kids and I love your sense of humor. I laughed when I read the armor comment.

Cate said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I ran into Carie today at a park and it reminded me to check out your blog. We are so happy for your guys. Two of our girls came home at the exact same time.... so we, too, have been busy!! It sounds like you are starting to settle in. Let me know if you need any resources or to chat. But it looks like you have an amazing support system! Many, many blessings from AZ.