Monday, December 22, 2008

Snuggling is the best Medicine.

Vitali was awake late the other night. He was very distressed that he was coughing and it just wouldn't stop! Steve gave him some medicine and rubbed Vicks on his chest. A glass of water and some snuggle-time in Daddy's bed and Vitali was feeling pretty happy! There is just something special about sleeping in Mommy and Daddy's bed!

He woke up early this morning coughing again. I took him a glass of water and he blew his nose. He was again very annoyed that he didn't want to cough but he was coughing anyway. He kept telling me that he didn't want to cough but it just kept coming out of him. I think he was afraid he'd get in trouble for making noise in the night.

After he drank his water he asked me, "Mama, will you please snuggle me in my bed?" Of course I did. And it occurred to me that it wasn't something he had asked before. I think it is another step towards being a regular little boy when he knows he can ask me to comfort him when he is sick. Maybe it sounds strange to any of you whose children have always had parents but these little things stand out with the boys because they have been conditioned not to expect it. They don't expect it so they don't ask. Whey they do ask, it is new and special to me.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Precious! I pray that I will do the things our children do not expect, just like this. I'm glad for snuggle time!

Tony and Dawn said...

I have made a point to let our three youngest know that if they are sick are wake up from a bad dream, then they can come climb in bed with mama and papa. My youngest son is always the first one awake in the morning. He will slowly climb in bed and snuggle with us. After about 20 minutes, he will hop up and go play, but he enjoys his snuggle time. God bless and Merry Christmas!