Thursday, April 10, 2008

One of those days...the good kind

You know those days in early spring when you can hardly wait to be outside? The kind that are so pretty and fresh and the sun coming at it all from the east makes it even more appealing?

Yep, that is the kind of day we started with here this morning!

Once everyone had come back inside from waving goodbye to Daddy this morning, the play-clothes were hurriedly put on! And all the kids (except Hannah--I don't know what she was up to) bounced out the doors to play.

Apparently, Vitali couldn't find his shoes quickly enough and had to settle for his snow boots!
Max didn't even have time to adjust his helmet!
Ivy had time to change out of her nightgown but thought it would be better to add a veil instead and just look beautiful. She does, doesn't she?
She and Vitali rode their little bikes. They aren't allowed to go into the road so they ride down the driveway over and over again. Vita often sits at the bottom watching the big kids going by but here he is at the top about to begin his descent.

Misha saw me with my camera and kept posing for me. He learned to ride a two-wheeler when he saw Max and Hannah learning. He is so proud of being able to pedal! By the way, notice his bike? It was a hand-me-down from a friend of ours and is just his size. He doesn't seem to mind the butterflies at all! He does mind the helmet though! He doesn't like that much at all (not because it's purple) !
He likes to pose for me. They all do. Then they all say, "Pockazhee!" (show!) and look to see the picture on the back of the camera. Even Ivy always says "Pockazhee menya!" When I take her picture. She is so silly.
I love this one of Max:And this one too:

And he asked me to take this one of him with his big giant remote control truck from Grandma and Grandpa E. He loves that thing!

And I should mention that the kids all got bikes for their birthdays, some current and some advance-gifts! Also from Grandma and Grandpa E. Thanks, G'ma and G'pa! They use them every day! Every bike is out and needs to be hauled up the hill each evening. And the kids all take a few trips back and forth and it's done. Good kids!

Things are going so well here. I feel like we must be in for a 'storm' soon! Eeek! I hope not! The boys and girls get along so well and our only clue that the boys haven't always been here is their Russian! But the English is coming along and they each seem to take turns advancing and putting in the extra effort.

Melissa



9 comments:

Drew Michelle and Luke Paras said...

Those pictures are so incredible! Thank you for keeping us all updated on your daily lives. It is inspiration for our family!

Stange Family said...

Spring is such a good thing for everyone's mood and patience, isn't it?
We too were able to enjoy outside today. It was wonderful!

Debbie said...

I would love a spring day and a long driveway and a bike! We have had some warm weather, but as I type and look out the window, it's snowing. April 10th. Ah, Colorado.

Your kids are so precious. Love the veil and nightgown ensemble. And the boys enjoying their bikes. Ah, springtime.

Nataliya said...

All of them are so precious! I'm so impressed with Misha - he already learned to ride a 4-wheeler! All pictures are great as usual, but my favorites are Max in his helmet and Ivy in her veil! The doll on the truck is cute too :)

"Pockazhee menya!" from Ivy is hilarious! Isn't it amazing how kids pick up the new languages?

BethPie said...

I love days like that!!

The kids are all looking so happy and healthy - - what a blessing! Your boys sure do seem to fit in perfectly.

Grandma Falk said...

I love how the personalities of each of the children is caught in these pictures! As a senior citizen, I can still remember my excitement as a child on the first day of spring. Even now when I get the first whiff of spring, I think of playing marbles! Hey kids, I think it's time you learned how to play!

Grandma Falk said...

I love how the personalities of each of the children is caught in these pictures! As a senior citizen, I can still remember my excitement as a child on the first day of spring. Even now when I get the first whiff of spring, I think of playing marbles! Hey kids, I think it's time you learned how to play!

laurielulu1 said...

I can't wait to see everyone up here next month!

christie said...

Beautiful Pics,
Love the one with the truck and the doll! :)