Sunday, April 13, 2008

Camping--well, sort of...

Look at those sweaty, happy boys! No shirts, plenty of dirt smudges and excited over their first time to sleep in a tent! Let me tell you they were so excited when I pulled this out!

Last weekend began a streak of beautiful weather here and Monday and Tuesday nights, I slept in the backyard in the big tent with the kids. Steve slept in the house since he had to work the next days. The nights were pretty chilly and the boys confessed to being cold, but eagerly declared they wanted to sleep there every night!

We found that we need a few more sleeping bags although since we were in the backyard it didn't matter so much. But this week at church a new friend brought us some things her son had outgrown and among those things was a Thomas the Tank Engine sleeping bag! Isn't God good?! You can bet that the boys were pretty thrilled about that!

This week is beginning as winter and ending as spring again. That is the nature of spring, isn't it? They say we might get snow on Monday but Friday is near eighty again! Maybe we'll get to take that sleeping bag for a spin this next weekend. And maybe this time, Mommy will sleep in the comfy bed and Dad can rough it with the kiddos!

And...

If you haven't read the post below this one, then please don't miss it! Last night, Steve shared something that helps illustrate where our hearts now. I hope you will let Steve's thoughts and the little story he shares be an inspiration and encouragement to you.

Blessed beyond belief,
Melissa

6 comments:

Nataliya said...

Oh, how exciting! Maybe I'll borrow your idea of sleeping in the tent, but I'll definitely send Dad to sleep with the kids :) The picture of the boys is precious - the look of joy on their faces is priceless!

Steve's post is so touching - it's so nice that they "Nee Kagda" have to go back to Detsky dom.

BethPie said...

Sounds like SO much fun. Here in FL, it's been colder than is typical for April. We actually had fire in the firepit out back last night. The kids LOVED it! We even wore jeans and sweatshirts.

I love the picture, they look so HAPPY (as usual)!

Anonymous said...

Melissa and Steve,

I find your blog to be so inspiring as an adoptive mother to two Russian girls (and mom to 2 biological boys also). Even after almost 2 years home we have our struggles but your posts help me find the joy in the everyday stuff. Thank you! The adoption references and video were especially moving.

Nancy Moritz

Drew Michelle and Luke Paras said...

You get the Mom of the Year award!! No way would I sleep outside in a tent with 3 boys! You are awesome!!!

kate said...

Was just directed to your blog by a friend. I'm in the process of adopting from Russia right now...and for the last 25 months!

I'm looking forward to reading your archives and following your story. Feel free to pop over to my blog if you have spare time.

Aluguel de Computadores said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aluguel de Computadores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aluguel-de-computadores.blogspot.com. A hug.