Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Max

Max came running into the house breathlessly exclaiming, "Mama! For you!!"

He handed over a large, but spindly, blackened, and crumbly, twiggy-looking thing. I tried to figure out why it was for me...and then I noticed, there on the ends of the brittle stems were tiny dried flowers. The only ones around this time of year for a boy who wants to pick flowers for his Mama.

Thank you, Max; I love you too.
And now why is my sweet boy so excited? And why is he standing by the clock chanting "Teek, Tock, Teek, Tock, Teek, Tock...."? (apparently our clock has a Russian accent, who knew?)
Because it is almost 7:00pm.
Time to watch Walker, Texas Ranger:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW1tIpE95kc

It's become a family event a couple of nights per week. The boys love it. We HAVE to get a video of them watching the big fight scene at the end. Oh how fun it is when the bad guys get it!!

7 comments:

Mike and Christie said...

Oh that is so cute! Little boys are so fun. :)

BethPie said...

Oh, I would love to see video of that! Chuck Norris has a way of bringing out the man in little boys, doesn't he? :o)

Maggy_Keet said...

Awww how sweet!

Check it out!

http://20863.spreadshirt.com/us/US/Shop/Index/index/page/1

Perhaps an idea for upcoming birthdays. Andy also loves Chuck Norris too :)

Martie said...

Awww... That is so incredibly cute and sweet. I love raising boys!

Martie
mom to 9

:)De said...

Oh...my boy loved that show when he was 8 - 10 yrs old. Memories.
Peace,
:)De

Heidi and Felix said...

Hi Steve!

Our kids do the same, isn't it cool! BTW...I got you message through Facebook that you wanted to talk about UOO and hosting programs for your church. I've just been unable to write back in a timely manner. E-mail me at felixroge@yahoo.com and I'll share my phone number with you.

Also, could we post your blog on our "friends" link on our blog? Feel free to do the same with ours if you wish. Blessings!

Felix
www.heidifelixukraine.blogspot.com

Grandma Falk said...

It's great that you can use Chuck Norris as a motivation for getting schoolwork done or chores or whatever. I wonder if Chuck knows how useful he is.

It's good that they can watch a program where the good guys always win.