Monday, August 04, 2008

A great Summer in the Water!

Our children have benefited from several of our friends and from our close proximity to the lake in that they have had loads of opportunities to swim! Shallow backyard pools to pools with deep ends and even those with diving boards, it doesn't matter to the kids! Water is water and there are a million ways to enjoy it!

We spent yesterday afternoon with some friends in the pool and I was reflecting back on where we started and how much has changed in six months since the boys have joined our family. from Misha and Vitali being terrified of bathtubs to Misha being unable to handle the stimulous of his first time in a swimming pool:
To this:
Our Friend Danny even gave Max and Misha a few little swimming lessons! Max managed to float a bit. Misha wasn't so hot at it but did really well diving and swimming with his face underwater.

Vitali had to take a nap for a while but when he woke up, he was ready to go!
Max has loved the water right from the start. He'll spend all day playing in the backyard in a foot of water! All boy!

Our first load of school books arrived today. The school year here starts next week. Hard to believe it, isn't it?!

9 comments:

:)De said...

Your camera takes beatiful pictures. The color is so vibrant and the subject matter...too cute for words.

Peace and grace

:)De

Mike and Christie said...

What great pics! We have been swimming all we can too! I have our school books already. All but one, which won't arrive until September.

We are starting on the 25th!

BEST WISHES FOR A WONDERFUL SCHOOL YEAR!

Maggy_Keet said...

What water babies, you have! That is a change. I remember those days - spending all summer at the pool. Hope the start of school goes well...I know I always looked forward to that. But that only lasted about a week and then I longed for summer again! Haha.

The Flying Eagle said...

I would have sent a comment earlier (great pics by the way!). But if you check out my blog (it is a little fuzzy but I bet you will recognize it!) you may see why I could not leave a comment.

:-) She likes your blog just as much as I do!!

Kathy and Matt said...

Isn't summer great?

I love seeing kids having this kind of fun in the water. We also feel blessed to be near a great lake with a beach, and friends with pools.

Enjoy the rest of the summer!

Drew Michelle and Luke Paras said...

My kids beg everyday to swim!! Tetyana has basically taught herself to swim. She can get from point A to point B....I think that is pretty great for a kid who never saw a pool before in her life and never had a lesson!

The great thing about the water is it tires them out too!

You have sweet little fish!

Beth Laurie said...

That water does look good. John's been trying to find the time to fix our boat, but hasn't done it yet. I hope he gets to it soon because I really want to go swimming!

Stange Family said...

Let me know how it goes with so many in school at once. I'm teaching both Hannah and Jay this year, and I'm curious as to how it will all work out. Plus we'll be moving during the month of September!
PS...is that Ivy in a two piece??? What would your father say? haha

David and Sarah said...

We'll be starting school on the 18th. Then water fun will at least have to wait until the late afternoon hours. Love the pictures!
Blessings,
Sarah