Friday, November 02, 2007


Our plane tickets are in hand! Tomorrow they join our passports in the saftey deposit box at the bank. We have to use paper tickets because going and coming home again we will use FIVE different airlines! At least that is how it stands at this point.

Steve' sister Laurie is a flight attendant for United and is going to attempt to work our flight on the way over to Ukraine. She is also planning to come back with us on the return trip along with Steve's mom to help us navigate with three Russian-speaking children in the airports and through customs and all.

Just over a month now! I wish I could clean the house and pack and then just sit and wait for the day to come! Can't do that of course! The kids like to eat every day--several times! And I don't think I can get them to sit on the couch with their hands folded neatly in their laps for the next 5 weeks. I suppose they will want to play with toys and continue wearing a new outfit each day which means I will have to cook, clean, do laundry, school...(I am joking here for those of you that gasped in horror there)

I don't know If I will ever feel ready! I think that when the time comes I'll just have to leave. It will all be here when I get back!

M.

No comments: